Full program description
Thursday, August 5, 2021
9:30am - 3:00pm
About the Symposium
"Looking Back to Move Forward"
That is the theme for this year’s Leadership Symposium for Educational Leaders. After all of the challenges and changes that this past year has brought, we think everyone can agree that now is a time to reflect on how we worked outside-the-box to provide meaningful and impactful learning for our students, as well as the many lessons that we learned along the way. As we move forward and begin to return to some sense of "normalcy," how do we apply those hard-earned lessons?
This Year's Format
Once again, we holding our Leadership Symposium virtually via Zoom meetings. However, we are also recording each session, and making them available for 1-week following our Symposium, allowing you to rewatch a useful session or view a session that you might have missed!
Our keynote speaker, Jack Berckemeyer, is a nationally-recognized presenter, author, and humorist known for his motivating, practical ideas communicating a message of hope, laughter, and insight into education.
We are excited to have an incredible selection of presentations for you to choose from:
- Iisha Collier, K-6 Curriculum Supervisor at Stow-Munroe Falls City Schools, and Denise Ward, Diversity Consultant for Summit Educational Service Center, will present during a two-session event that will impart valuable information on making diversity, equity and inclusion a reality in your school district
- Dr. Erich Merkle, Pupil Adjustment Program Coordinator for Akron Public Schools, will instruct on "Building our Social Emotional Immunity: Lessons Learned from the COVID-19 Pandemic in Comprehensive Student Supports"
- Dr. Jim Powell and Dr. Dave Silverberg from Ashland University will address "Beyond Zoom: A New Era of Virtual Professional Learning"
- Jeff Hartmann, Principal at Stow-Munroe Falls High School, will focus on "Understanding Emotional Systems to Support Change"
- Dr. Joe Clark, Superintendent at Nordonia Hills School District, will discuss his new book, If the Dance Floor is Empty, Change the Song: A Superintendent’s Spin on Making Schools Rock
- Legal Updates for Human Resources and Special Education
- Legislative Updates for District Administrators
- And many more amazing topics!
Credit: 1 Contact Hour is available for each session you attend.
Target Audience: All educational leaders, PK - 12, are welcome!