Full course description
About this Course
This course is designed to help teachers understand the work of Carol Dweck and her book called Mindset. The information and strategies outlined to help students develop a growth mindset can be greatly beneficial to all students, and gifted in particular. Teachers will learn about growth mindset, have access to review a number of resources, and then build their own lesson plans they can use to implement this strategy with their students.
Counts for 3 gifted contact hours Gifted Competencies addressed: D, E
Credit: 3 Contact Hours
Course Type: Self-paced Online Course
Course Level: Practitioner
Target Audience: Teachers who are to serving gifted students K-12
Expected Learning Outcomes
Participants will be able to:
- Articulate the thinking around the Mindset work of Carol Dweck
- Recognize how this can impact our gifted students thinking and behaviors
- Develop a framework for the classroom implementation
- If you would like to pay by credit card, you can click on the Enroll buttons to gain immediate access to this course.
- If you would like to pay by purchase order (PO) or by personal check, please contact us to make arrangements. Please note that you will not gain access to this course until we receive your payment.
- Please contact: Sally Gibson 330-945-5600 x 511246
Meet the Instructor
My teaching experience began in Minnesota where I taught art for 12 years. After moving to Ohio, I earned a gifted license and taught gifted for 4 years. At that point, I became a gifted coordinator and have worked as a coordinator for the last 16 years in a few different areas of the state in that capacity.
I will be Summit ESC's gifted coordinator. I will also be helping out in other curriculum areas as needed since I also have a background in the visual/performing arts as well as gifted certification.
Some duties may include:
- Gifted identification/overseeing written education plans
- Helping/advising on acceleration requests
- Helping to ensure compliance with any ODE requests