Full course description
About this Course
This course is meant as an introductory guide to help you understand the nature and needs of gifted children. It will explain the differences experts often talk about between "bright vs. gifted", you get to hear from one of the experts in the field, Dr. Renzulli, speak about gifted, and also investigate who is gifted in your district and learn about the gifted indicator that appears on you district's report care.
Gifted Competencies: E, F, G
Credit: 3 Contact Hours
Course Type: Self-paced Online Course
Course Level: Novice
Target Audience: Teachers who are new to serving gifted
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the end of this course, teachers will have a better understanding of who is gifted, the characteristics of gifted, and how this population is identified and also noted on our state report card.
- If you would like to pay by credit card, you can click on the Enroll buttons to gain immediate access to this course.
- If you would like to pay by purchase order (PO) or by personal check, please contact us to make arrangements. Please note that you will not gain access to this course until we receive your payment.
- Please contact: Sally Gibson 330-945-5600 x 511246
Meet the Instructor
My teaching experience began in Minnesota where I taught art for 12 years. After moving to Ohio, I earned a gifted license and taught gifted for 4 years. At that point, I became a gifted coordinator and have worked as a coordinator for the last 16 years in a few different areas of the state in that capacity.
I will be Summit ESC's gifted coordinator. I will also be helping out in other curriculum areas as needed since I also have a background in the visual/performing arts as well as gifted certification.
Some duties may include:
- Gifted identification/overseeing written education plans
- Helping/advising on acceleration requests
- Helping to ensure compliance with any ODE requests