Full course description
About this Course
This course includes a video by Dr. Richard Cash, the author of Advancing Differentiation. Dr. Cash is a well-know author and national speaker on topics such as gifted, adding rigor to classwork, differentiation just to name a few. His video has some practical and useful ideas about how to add depth to your classroom, including how to ask the "big question", and strategies you can use immediately.
Gifted Competencies: A, B, C
Credit: 3 Gifted Contact Hours
Course Type: Self-paced Online Course
Course Level: Practitioner
Target Audience: General Education Teachers serving Gifted Students
Expected Learning Outcomes
Teachers will gain more useful and ready-to-use strategies they can implement in their classroom to help differentiate and add rigor to their classrooms.
- If you would like to pay by credit card, you can click on the Enroll buttons to gain immediate access to this course.
- If you would like to pay by purchase order (PO) or by personal check, please contact us to make arrangements. Please note that you will not gain access to this course until we receive your payment.
- Please contact: Sally Gibson 330-945-5600 x 511246
Meet the Instructor
My teaching experience began in Minnesota where I taught art for 12 years. After moving to Ohio, I earned a gifted license and taught gifted for 4 years. At that point, I became a gifted coordinator and have worked as a coordinator for the last 16 years in a few different areas of the state in that capacity.
I will be Summit ESC's gifted coordinator. I will also be helping out in other curriculum areas as needed since I also have a background in the visual/performing arts as well as gifted certification.
Some duties may include:
- Gifted identification/overseeing written education plans
- Helping/advising on acceleration requests
- Helping to ensure compliance with any ODE requests